Do you have a story to share about living with a disability in the North Country?
NCCI is looking for original writing by people with disabilities, on disability-related topics, for publication on the North Country Center for Independence website.
Each month NCCI posts up to two selected pieces written by people with disabilities. NCCI pays writers $100 for each selected piece. Submissions should meet the following guidelines:
* 300-600 words long.
* Must relate in some way to the experiences and issues of living with physical, intellectual, or mental disabilities.
* We are generally looking for writing focused on the everyday practical, social, and / or emotional experiences of living with disabilities.
* Topics might include:
* Accessibility, good or bad experiences.
* Services or programs that are important to you … how they work, how they can be improved.
* Explaining aspects of your disability to readers who may not be aware.
* How your disability affects your personal relationships.
* Disability experiences in schools, workplaces, or businesses.
* Tips and advice for others with disabilities.
Some editing and feedback may be provided, including comments and suggestions on how drafts can be improved before publication. We will let writers know if and when their pieces will be published. After each item is posted, the writer may submit a voucher for payment.
You can end drafts by email to: email@example.com Or, paper drafts may be delivered to NCCI at 80 Sharron Avenue, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. For more information call us at 518-563-9058.